If your fridge looks like a bomb went off inside it, or it’s stuffed to the gills and you can’t find anything, or you’re afraid to open it because the science experiments have created their own civilization and reached the gunpowder stage… read on.
- Turn the fridge off, pull out everything, and start the fridge defrosting while you work. You can set pans of hot water inside to speed up melting. If the cleaning process will take a while, put frozen and highly perishable foods in a cooler or ice chest.
- Throw away the science experiments, anything with fur that shouldn’t have it, and anything that’s gone bad.
- Look at all the leftovers. Decide: will you eat them in the next 2 days? Can they be frozen to eat later? No? Into the garbage or compost they go.
- Check expiry dates. Throw out anything which is unreasonably beyond it’s date (it seems a shame to waste something which expired yesterday – but be sure you’ll eat it SOON!).
- Consider how you use the space inside your fridge: could it be better organized? Can shelves be moved to use the space better? Plan for better space use while it’s empty.
- Take out your baking soda container if it’s been there longer than a few months, and use it to clean out the sink drains.
- Clean the fridge.
- Add new baking soda
- Replace everything you’re keeping, using your new space plan.
- Admire the lovely clean spacious fridge.
Now you’ve spiffed up your fridge, maybe you’re ready to cook something. Here’s a fun cookbook – “America’s Most Wanted Recipes”: Official Secret Restaurant Recipes – The Original CopyCat Cookbook. Get inside the hidden cookbooks of America’s favorite restaurants. The secret recipes for over 100 all-time favorite dishes have now been revealed in this best-selling new cookbook. Prepare dishes you know your family will love and save money by easily making them at home.
Kitchen Organizers Help With Kitchen Organization
Home Organization Tools
Pantry Organizers and Shelving
Get Started on Decluttering Your Kitchen
How to Declutter Your Kitchen
Kitchen Organizing Tips
Flylady – decluttering and organizing your home and life